Bye Bye Mosquitos!
It's that time of year when those pesty little blood sucking, all around icky mosquitoes are out in full force. We have some helpful solutions to protect you and your family at home...
Bonide Mosquito Beater RTU
- 32 oz. - Ready to Spray
- Kills mosquitoes, flies and ticks
- Treats up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- Low odor, water based Permethrin
- Kills and Repels bugs in your yard and around your home
Mosquito Dunks 6-Pack
Regularly $14.99 per pack
- Kills mosquitoes before they are old enough to bite!
- The only product with BTI, a bateria toxic only to mosquito larvae
- Lasts up to 30 days and treats 100 square feet of surface water
- Non-toxic to all other wildlife, pets, fish and humans
- Apply to standing water or water garden
- Kills within hours
- For Organic Gardening (USEPA) - a highly effective low impact product
8 oz. Mosquito Bits®
Regularly $14.99 for 8 oz.
- Sprinkle in marshy, swampy areas inundated with larvae, as a shock to quickly annihilate the larval population
- Corn cob granules coated in BTI provide a punch and turn water that's black with larvae to a clear pool void of future mosquitoes
- Also controls Fungus Gnats in plant beds or pots
- Can be sprinkled on the soil's surface or mixed with potting soil prior to planting, to kill fungus gnat larvae
A natural mosquito deterent
Highly popular in Thai and other southeast Asian cusines, this beautiful grass also adds beauty to the garden, forming a clump of graceful, arching leaves within one season. Foliage emits a lemony fragrance. The bulbous portion of the stem is used in cooking. Well-known as an insect repellent (aka: citronella).
- Botannial Name: Cymbopogon citratus
- Light Needs: Partial to full sun
- Watering Needs: Requires regular watering - weekly or more often in extreme heat
- Average Landscape Size: 2-4 feet tall and 2-3 feet wide
- Key Feature: Fragrant Foliage
- Blooms: Grown for foliage; rarely flowers
- Landscape Uses: Border, container, erosion control
Now Available While Supplies Last: 4" Lemongrass Plants
Description source: http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/plants/4373/lemongrass/