Tomatoes are here!
Stop by your local SummerWinds Nursery to explore our selection.
Fall is the perfect time to plant tomatoes. At SummerWinds, we offer a wide variety of tomatoes:
- Beefstake—large, juicy tomatoes great for eating straight from the garden
- Husky Red—great for container gardens, this high-yielding plant produces delicious, disease-resistant tomatoes
- Better Bush—the strongest of tomato plant varieties, this plant produces a large number of leaves that protect and shade the fruit as it ripens. Great for both gardens and containers.
- Juliet Grape—smaller than a Roma tomato, this plant bears delicious, vitamin and antioxidant rich sweet mini fruits that are crack resistant.
- Better Boy—a large, globe-shaped tomato that commonly produces one-pound fruits. The plant produces high yields with deep-red very meaty fruit.
- Lemon Boy—this extremely disease resistant plant grows vigorously and has a mild flavor and bright lemon yellow skin.
- Big Boy—this mid-season variety continues bearing large fruit until early fall frosts. Deep-red fragrant fruti can grow up to one pound in size.
- Patio—designed to grow on patios, decks and in balcony containers. Produces relatively large fruits for a high-yield dwarf variety.
- Celebrity—this flavorful plant is popular for its large fruit, disease resistance and classic flavor. Often used on sandwiches or sliced.
- Roma—a popular, firm and slender plum tomato often used in canning and to make tomato paste.
- Champion—this compact plant produces extremely early in the season. Its large yield produces big, round and meaty fruit.
- Sweet 100—these easy-to-grow, vitamin-rich cherry tomatoes grow well in containers or garden beds.
- Cherry - Red and Large Red—these small and tasty tomatoes can easily be grown indoors or outside. Great in salads, sandwiches or on their own as a snack.
- Supersweet 100—this reliable, high-yielding cherrty tomato variety produces great tasting fruits perfect for salads, dips or fresh off the vine.
- Early Girl—the most popular all-round early hybrid tomato is often sliced and served on a plate, in a salad or on a sandwich. Bears fruit early in the harvest and continues producing through summer.
We also have a variety of Heriloom tomatoes including:
- Glacier—this compact, semi-determinate plant begins producing 2- to 3-inch redish orange fruit early in the season. Excellent in salads.
- Long-keeper—this heirloom variety is perfect for a late harvest and produces huge quantities of 6 ounce, round fruits. Known for its long storage ability.
- Mortgage Lifter—a large pink beefsteak variety known for its size and dependability.
- Rutgers—large, red fruit with excellent flavor with a large initial crop followed by several smaller crops.
- Siletz—a deep red, flavorful slicing tomato that is 10- to 12-ounces in size and an early season producer. Yields well even in cool weather.
- Taxi—a great yellow tomato for short season gardeners. Produces mild, non-acidic tomatoes over 3 to 4 weeks.
- Yellow Pear—this pear-shaped indeterminate heirloom tomato is generally sweet and small with a mild flavor.
Selection varies by location; available while supplies last.
To learn more about tomatoes and the varieties we offer, click the button below.Learn More
E.B. Stone Amendments, Soils, Tomato & Vegetable Foods
At SummerWinds Nursery, we sell a variety of quality products by E.B. Stone Organics to help you succeed in growing your own Tasty Garden:
- Ultimate Recipe Potting Soil
For more tips, check out our How-to Prepare Your Soil Video below:
E.B. Stone Organics Citrus & Fruit Tree Food 7-3-3 is ideal for use with citrus trees, fruit trees and other fruit producing plants such as berries. Also good for shade trees, flowering trees and vines. Registered cdfa. Available in a 4 lb. box, 15 lb. bag and a 30 lb. bag.
Pair with E.B. Stone Naturals Soil Sulfur.
For more information about how to care for your citrus, click the button below.
At SummerWinds, We Guarantee Success!