SummerWinds Nursery – Palo Alto
725 San Antonio Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Tucked behind the corner of San Antonio and Middlefield Roads.
Regular Hours: OPEN 7 DAYS – from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
With age comes wisdom at SummerWinds Palo Alto. Originally opened under the Woolworth Nurseries® banner in 1960, our eldest SummerWinds boasts a massive selection of color for your garden, porch or patio. Peninsula customers, and others valley-wide, visit our top-selling store for California Natives, as well as Judith's mindfully selected plants and respected advice on our local fauna. You'll also find vegetables and herbs rarely seen elsewhere thanks to Sammy's vegetable expertise. An elegant to edible palate of plants awaits you at SummerWinds Palo Alto — with all the accompanying knowledge you'll need to succeed, whatever your gardening endeavor.
Areas of Expertise
- We specialize in Organic Vegetables
- Best assortment of California Native plants found locally – see our resident expert, Judith
- A variety of organic solutions, with a wide selection of Earth-friendly products
- Destination for Contractors
- Special Orders welcome
- Extensive collection of outdoor pottery
- Fantastic perennial selection – see our resident expert, Kathy
- Specimen-quality shrubs – see our resident expert, Dwayne
- Beautiful bedding plants – see our resident expert, Sammy
Senior Assistant Manager