SummerWinds Nursery – San Jose
4606 Almaden Expressway,
San Jose, CA 95118
Set back from the corner of Brahnam Lane and Almaden Expressway.
Regular Winter Hours: OPEN 7 DAYS – from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Originally opened under the Woolworth Nurseries® banner in 1961, our San Jose location became SummerWinds Nursery in 2002. This fixture in the landscape industry in South San José succumbed to a devastating fire in 2012 and reopened in spring 2013, with the welcoming support of the community. SummerWinds San José has brought back its outstanding selection of specialty fruit trees, vegetables and pollinator plants—catering to our edible garden customers. Sue, our perennial buyer and beekeeper, ensures stock is of the highest-quality plants for your habitat garden. Stay tuned for more on this store's upcoming spring face lift!
Areas of Expertise
- Experienced, knowledgeable and friendly staff
- Expansive selection of vegetables and other plants for your edible garden, including organics
- Best selection of specialty fruit trees
- Great decorative items and garden gift selections
- Beautiful Custom Creations – custom potted plant arrangements
- California Natives and shrubs – see our resident expert, Mike
- Diverse selection of water-wise plants meeting Santa Clara Valley Water District (SCVWD) standards
- Colorful and pollinator-friendly perennials – see our resident expert and beekeeper, Sue