We've just received our 2018 shipment of Bare Root Fruit Trees. Picked from the best selection, SummerWinds Nursery has an incredible assortment to choose from. At SummerWinds, we go the extra mile to ensure your planting, growing and harvesting is a success. After receiving the plants, we trim away any damaged branches and pot them, in-store, using the best planting mix and the right amount of fertilizer—all to give your fruit tree every advantage prior to you planting it. The pots we use are biodegradable, so that all you have to do is poke a few holes in the pot at planting time and plant it directly in the ground.
4 Types of Fruit Trees:Choose the right tree for your backyard orchard
1. Fruit Salad Tree on Sale
This is by far our most popular variety and this year we made sure to bring in a huge selection. This
incredible tree produces FOUR different fruits on ONE Tree.
Peaches, Apricots, Nectarines and Plums
2. Multi-Grafted Tree
These fruit trees will grow different varieties of the same fruit on a single tree.
Multi-Bud 4-in-1 Cherry Tree4 Different Cherries:
- Black Tartarian - Huge cherries that are bursting with flavor! These juicy cherries are perfect for snacking and baking.
- Bing Cherries - Large and heart-shaped with a firm, meaty, purplish-red flesh and a semi-free stone that is easily removed—making them ideal for fresh eating and preserves.
- Lapins Cherry - Delicious dark fruit nearly one inch in diameter and has purplish red flesh that is firm and sweet.
- Van Cherries - Often compared to the Bing cherry, Van cherries are the most widely planted varietal, but is even sweeter, juicier, crunchier and more flavorful.
Multi-Bud 4-in-1 Pluot Tree4 Different Pluots:
- Flavor King - Taste test winner. Unique plum-apricot hybrid with sensational bouquet and sweet, spicy flavor. Reddish-purple skin, crimson flesh. Naturally small tree. It's an interspecific plum, includes plum and apricot in its parentage.
- Flavor Queen - Exquisite plum/apricot hybrid with candy-like sweet, wonderfully pleasing flavor. Greenish-yellow skin, amber-orange flesh.
- Dapple Dandy - Taste test winner. Ranks with Flavor King Pluot® among the all-time top five best flavored fruits. Creamy white and red fleshed freestone with wonderful plum-apricot flavor. Skin greenish-yellow with red spots, turning to a maroon and yellow dapple.
- Flavor Supreme - Taste test winner. Plum/apricot hybrid with sweet, richly flavored, firm red flesh. Greenish-maroon mottled skin.
Multi-Bud 6-in-1 Pear Tree6 Different Pears:
- Comice - The famous gift pack pear. Sweet, aromatic, fine texture, superb flavor and quality - one of the best. Short neck, greenish-yellow skin with red blush.
- Bartlett - World's most popular pear. High quality, tolerates hot summers. Self-fruitful in most climates of Western U.S.
- Bosc - Long and narrow shape, brown skin. Superb quality, one of the best. Use fresh or cooked. Susceptible to fire blight in warm, moist climates.
- D'Anjou - Large, short necked, firm, good quality, keeps well.
- Red D'Anjou - Large, short necked, firm. Stores well, excellent quality and smooth texture. Ripens with D'Anjou around September 1st. Strong full red color is very even, unlike Red Bartlett which has a blushed color. 800 hours pollenized by Bartlett.
- Flemish Beauty - Fruits are large with a rounded shape and have creamy-yellow skin blushed with red.
3. Semi-Dwarf Tree
Smaller size makes this tree well suited for gardening in smaller spaces and offers one variety of the tastiest fruit around. Select from apples, apricots, apriums, pears, cherries, nectarines, peaches and plums.
- Long-time favorite of apricot fanciers for its exceptionally rich flavor and aroma. Reliable producer. Used fresh and for canning.
Apricots:Moorpark Apricot Tree
- Large and heart-shaped with a firm, meaty, purplish-red flesh and a semi-free stone that is easily removed—making them ideal for fresh eating and preserves. Lapins Cherry Tree
- Delicious dark fruit nearly one inch in diameter and has purplish red flesh that is firm and sweet. Royal Crimson Cherry Tree
- New, long awaited, low-chill self-fruitful sweet cherry, expected to be a home run for Zaiger Genetics. Bright crimson with superb flavor, this important new variety has the added benefit of blooming with Minnie Royal and Royal Lee. Royal Rainer Cherry Tree
- Large yellow cherry with slightly more red blush than Rainier. Excellent flavor, taste test winner. Ripens early, about 3-5 days ahead of Rainier.
Cherries:Bing Cherry Tree
- Sensational fruit: consistently the best flavored yellow nectarine plus magnificent, double pink flowers. Dark red-skinned, freestone fruit is sweet, with unusually rich flavor. Very high scoring in taste tests. Heavy bearing tree. Fantasia Nectarine Tree
- Popular, large yellow freestone. Early harvest fruit is firm ripe and tangy, later harvest is sweet with rich flavor: high scoring in taste tests. Late July/early August in Central CA. 500 hours or less. Self-fruitful.
Nectarines:Double Delight Nectarine Tree
- Long-time favorite white-fleshed freestone. Sweet and juicy, aromatic, low in acid. High scoring in taste tests. Ripens mid-July in Central CA. Sauzee Swirl White Peach Tree
- For white peach lovers! Sauzee Swirl is a new saucer ("donut") style peach from Zaiger Genetics. Beautiful white flesh with red marbling and a flavor that keeps you wanting more.
Peaches:Babcock White Peach Tree
- Maroon colored skin and semi-freestone flesh. Sweet, with little or no tartness and a very pleasing, mild flavor. High taste test scores. Prolonged harvest, mid-July to mid-August in Central CA. Dapple Supreme Pluot® Interspecific Plum
- A new low-chill Pluot® for home gardens, Dapple Supreme derives its name from two of the best: Dapple Dandy and Flavor Supreme. With red dappled skin like Dapple Dandy and sweet, dark red flesh like Flavor Supreme, Dapple Supreme is sure to please. Harvest is between Flavor Supreme and Dapple Dandy, mid-July in Central CA. 300 hours. Flavor King Pluot® Interspecific Plum
- Taste test winner. Unique plum-apricot hybrid with sensational bouquet and sweet, spicy flavor. Reddish-purple skin, crimson flesh. Harvest mid-August in Central CA. Naturally small tree. Flavor Queen Pluot® Interspecific Plum
- Exquisite plum/apricot hybrid with candy-like sweet, wonderfully pleasing flavor. Greenish-yellow skin, amber-orange flesh. Prolonged harvest: mid-July thru August at Hickman, CA. 400-500 hours. Pollenized by Dapple Dandy Pluot® or Flavor Supreme Pluot® or by a Japanese plum such as Burgundy. Santa Rosa Plum
- Most popular plum in California & Arizona. Juicy, tangy and flavorful. Reddish purple skin, amber flesh tinged red. Late June in Central CA. 300 hours. Self-fruitful.
Plums:Burgundy Plum Tree
- California's commercial prune. Reddish purple skin,dark amber flesh. Very sweet, high quality fruit dessert/can/dry. Italian Prune
- Large, purple skin, freestone. Rich flavor, very sweet when fully ripe. Fresh/dried/canned. Vigorous, cold hardy tree. Late bloom. Late summer harvest. 800 hours. Self-fruiting.
Prunes:French Improved Prune
4. Ultra Dwarf Fruit Tree
It’s not uncommon for today’s home gardener to have a confined or smaller space to work within. Many of us are even limited to a balcony or patio space to grow our favorite fruits and veggies, eliminating the idea of growing a fruit tree. The ability to grow an Ultra Dwarf Fruit Tree is now an option. Reaching anywhere from 5’ to 8’ tall, these small trees produce abundant, standard-sized fruits that taste far better than anything you can purchase at your local grocery store.
- Our Ultra Dwarf Selection Includes:
- Fuji Apple Tree - produces firm, crunchy, juicy and slightly acidic fruit. Excellent flavor and outstanding shelf life. Self-fertile. Prefers sun to part shade and very well-drained, moist soil. Ripens in September.
- Blenheim Apricot Tree - produces medium-sized, deep yellow, oval fruit that is sweet firm and of excellent quality. Mnay homemakers leave the pit in when canning this variety. Can be used as a pollinizer. Self-fertile. Prefers sun to part shade and very well-drained soil. Ripens late May through mid-June.
- 20th Century Asian Pear - produces fruit that combines the flavor and sweetness of a pear with the crispness and quality of an apple. Best when tree ripened. Often called "salad-pears". Self-fertile - but does better with barlett. Ripens in mid-August. Prefers sun to part shade.
- Weeping Santa Rosa Plum - one of the most flavorful, aromatic plums when fully ripe. Of all my fruit trees, this one stands out from the rest not only because of its stately manner but for its beautiful weeping structure. In full bloom, the tree looks like it’s covered in a soft blanket of pure white snow.
- Bing Sweet Cherry - excellent variety has dark burgundy-red skin when ripe. Fruit it firm and sweet. Ripens in late June. Self-fertile. Prefers sun to part shade.
- Scarlet Sentinel Columnar Apple - produces very large greenish-yellow fruit heavily blushed with red. The pure white flesh is crisp and sweet. Fruit is ripe about late September.
- Nectarine Snow Queen - this self-fertile, low-chill white Nectarine has the most satisfying, sweet flavor of any variety to date! Attractive pink spring flowers produce firm, red-tinged fruit with sweet white flesh. Dark green foliage has wonderful fall color.
- Early Elberta Peach - After a showy spring display of fragrant pink flowers, this improved variety produces delicious freestone peaches, two weeks earlier than its parent, Elberta. One of the few yellow peaches with excellent flavor that ripens well when picked slightly green.
- HoneyCrisp Apple - Charming pinkish-white flowers provide a showy spring display, then produce large, showy red fruit with exceptional flavor and crispness. Great for fresh eating, cooking or pressing for cider. Stores well in cool conditions.
- E.B. Stone Organics
- Ideal Soil Amendment
- 1 cu.ft. Bag
- Regular Price: $6.99
E.B. Stone Organic Compost is an invaluable addition to any garden. Composts and the organic matter they contain are the foundation of rich garden soils and a key component of successful organic gardens of all kinds. E.B. Stone Organic Compost is ideal for use in vegetable gardens and flower beds, around trees and shrubs, and even on lawns. It can be added to the soil at time of planting or used as a surface mulch later on. Contains: Composted Green Waste.
E.B. Stone Fertilizers
- Select Varieties
- Regular Price for 15 lb.-$26.99
- Regular Price for 4 lb.-$9.99
E.B. Stone Organics Fertilizers are a blend of natural organic ingredients formulated to help newly transplanted plants develop strong roots
and sturdy growth.
Sure Start is rich in natural sources of phosphorus to help your plants develop a strong foundation for future growth. Our gentle and non-burning formula is safe to use with even the most tender transplants. All
Purpose Plant Food is suitable for use on vegetables, trees, shrubs, lawns and flower gardens. It is ideal for use when preparing new planting areas and for feeding existing plants. Contains Blood Meal, Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Dried Chicken Manure, Bat Guano, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Potassium Sulfate, Humic Acids and soil microbes including mycorrhizal fungi.
E.B. Stone Citrus & Fruit Tree Food is a blend of select natural organic ingredients for use with citrus and other home orchard fruit trees and with small fruits like berries and those grown on vines. It is formulated to encourage new growth, lush green foliage and to support bountiful crops. Contains: Blood Meal, Dried Chicken Manure, Bat Guano, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Potassium Sulfate, Humic Acid, and soil microbes including mychorrhizal fungi It may also be used to feed shade trees, flowering trees and ornamental vines.
E.B. Stone Rose and Flower Food is a blend of select natural ingredients designed to encourage sturdy growth and flowering in roses, perennials and other flowering plants. It's also an excellent source of long lasting, slow release nitrogen. Contains: Blood Meal, Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Dried Chicken Manure, Bat Guano, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Potassium Sulfate, Humic Acids and Soil Microbes including Mycorrhizal Fungi.
E.B. Stone Tomato & Vegetable Food is formulated from quality natural organic ingredients for use throughout the vegetable garden as well as with soft fruits like strawberries. It will contribute to even plant growth without producing excessive foliage at the expense of fruit. The additional phosphorous helps to ensure the production of high quality fruits and vegetables. The calcium in our Tomato & Vegetable fertilizer aids in preventing disorders like blossom end rot and helps to correct acidic soil conditions.
E.B. Stone Azalea, Camellia & Gardenia Food is formulated with a select blend of natural organic ingredients specifically for the needs of acid-loving plants. It will encourage growth, green foliage and beautiful flowers. It is also suited for use on other acid-loving plants including rhododendrons, fuchsia and evergreen conifers. Contains: Blood Meal, Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Dried Chicken Manure, Bat Guano, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Potassium Sulfate, Elemental Sulfur, Humic Acids and soil microbes including mycorrhizal fungi.
- High Carbon Steel
- 8" Bypass
- Assorted Bright Colors
- Regular Price: $9.99