It's a great time to plant those tasty green winter vegetables
Available now - Cabbage, Broccoli, Snow Peas, Bussel Sprouts and Spinach. These tasty and timely plants are a great addition to your winter garden. Just think of all the benefits of growing your own green...
8 Benefits of Planting and Eating Green - Vegetables
- 1. Enhances Your Eyesight - The presence of vitamin A in green leafy vegetables is a promoter of good eyesight. They may be given soups of the vegetables rich in vitamin A, taking into consideration their taste preferences being a child. Focus particularly on the leafy ones when looking forward to include veggies in your child’s diet.
- 2. Stronger Bones - Green vegetables are an excellent source of Vitamin K. This implies that consuming these you would be adding to the strength of your bones and teeth. Vitamin K produces osteocalcin which is important for maintaining one’s bone health. It is necessarily important for women to overcome the chances of osteoporosis. They must consume veggies that are rich in vitamin K so that they are able to develop their bones by the age of thirty as after that it is a constant decline. In order to make a good repository today, you need to be aware of the all the green vegetables that should be brought into your daily diet.
- 3. Keeps you Hydrated - Green leafy vegetables are a good source of water and thus help in keeping the body hydrated. You know how to keep yourself hydrated in the next summer now.
- 4. Incredible Antioxidants - They would help your skin be free from several skin disorders because of the presence of vitamin E and C. Why waste thousands of dollars yearly on dermatological products when your savior would cost you far less and could be grown in your back yard. It protects your skin from internal damage and thus maintains your flawless look. This would surely help you take a step further towards your so called enemy and change the course of your relationship with it.
- 5. Maintain a Youthful Look - It is often said that more the color on one’s plate, more would be the health benefits. Picking up on the green leafy vegetables can do wonders when it comes to concealing your age. It is time for you to bid adieu to all the surface and surgical methods that you apply to lessen the look of your advancing age.
- 6. Great Source of Iron - If you have been suffering from hair fall recently, then say a yes to your green veggies. Low iron content in the body can lead to hair fall. Including vegetables that are rich in iron in your diet, spinach especially would help make up for the low levels of iron in your body. Green vegetables are also good for increasing the hemoglobin levels. Low hemoglobin level is yet another consequence of decreased iron level in the body.
- 7. Acts as an anti-inflamatory - It's no coincidence that more than 300 research studies on broccoli have converged in one unique area of health science—the development of cancer—and its relationship to three metabolic problems in the body. Those three problems are (1) chronic inflammation (2) oxidative stress, and (3) inadequate detoxification.
- 8. Increased amounts of Fiber, lovely Fiber - The average diet contains far less than the 25 to 30 grams of fiber needed for good health, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. Fiber keeps your digestive system working normally, encourages regular bowel movements and prevents constipation. Fiber also helps reduce cholesterol levels, which can lower your risk of heart disease and stroke.
Source: ListAKA - Why Green Vegetables Are Important To Us