Gorgeous Rose Blooms Can Be Yours
Beautiful roses start with soils and fertilizers designed just for their needs and continue with easy, periodic care. At SummerWinds Nursery, we have all the tools you need to help you plant, grow and care for your roses so they can be as healthy and vibrant as possible.
For stunning roses, we recommend the following high-quality products:
- E.B. Stone Organics - Rose Grow Planting Mix (1.5 cu. ft. Bag) - A natural organic soil mix that was blended with the
special growing requirements of roses in mind. It is a slightly acidic soil mix and contains just the right ingredients to get roses
off to a good start. Rose Grow Planting Mix has been formulated to be a well draining soil, so we recommend it be used as both a planting
mix and as a stand-alone potting soil. It can also be used as a mulch around most rose plantings.
- E.B. Stone Organics - Sure Start (4 lb.) - A blend of natural organic ingredients formulated to help newly transplanted plants develop strong roots and sturdy growth. Sure Start is rich in natural sources of phosphorus to help your plants develop a strong foundation for future growth. Their gentle and non-burning formula is safe to use with even the most tender transplants. Contains: Blood Meal, Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Dried Chicken Manure, Bat Guano, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Potassium Sulfate, Humic Acids and Soil Microbes including Mycorrhizal Fungi.
- E.B. Stone Organics - Rose & Flower Food (4 lb. bag/box) - A blend of select natural ingredients designed to encourage sturdy growth and flowering in roses, perennials and other flowering plants. An excellent source of long-lasting, slow-release nitrogen. Contains: Blood Meal, Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Dried Chicken Manure, Bat Guano, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Potassium Sulfate, Humic Acids and Soil Microbes including Mycorrhizal Fungi.
- Bonide Rose Rx (32 oz. RTU) - This insecticide, miticide and fungicide kills eggs, larvae and adult pests. For use on roses and flowers, as well as fruit, nuts, vegetables, herbs, spices, houseplants, trees and shrubs.
- Sluggo Plus (2.5 lb.) - Designed for Organic Gardening, this product from Monterey kills insects, snails and slugs. Contains Iron Phosphate and Spinosad. 1 lb. treats up to 2,000 sq. ft.
Rose Care Accessories
Ensure your overall rose maintenance is a breeze... Stop by your local SummerWinds Nursery to pick up your rose gloves and pruners today.
Planting & Care
Here are some overall tips for the planing and care of most roses. For details about the care of the specific rose varieties in your garden, speak with one of our Trusted Garden Advisors today.
- Light Needs: Plant your roses in full sun (an area that receives a minimum of 6 hours of sun.)
- Spacing: Don't crowd your roses when you plant. Roses prefer some airflow, which will help to prevent diseases.
- Multitasking Mulch: A couple of inches of mulch over the soil surrounding your plant will help deter weeds, help keep diseases from splashing up on the leaves or your roses and will help your roses hold moisture in between waterings.
- Compost: A healthy layer of organic material, such as compost, will encourage beneficial microbes, in addition to maintaining or improving the health of your roses.
Click on the buttons below to learn more about roses and how to care for them.