We're Still Here To Serve Our Community
We Have Been Designated As An “Essential” Service
We’ve been thinking about you, our valued customer, gardener, landscape transformer, and friend. At SummerWinds Nursery, we know that we are fortunate to be in a green industry surrounded by beautiful plants and trees, colorful flowers, and a host of edible nutritious fruits and nuts, veggies and herbs—all of which are often a catalyst for health, happiness, peace and tranquility...
At This Time, We Are Serving Our Community Three Ways:
- Home Delivery
- Curbside Pick Up at our stores
- A Safe In-Store Shopping Environment - where face coverings are required for all SummerWinds associates and customers
We know that during difficult times, people often look to the outdoors for some relief. From vegetable and herb gardening to houseplants and colorful summer flowers for our greater garden landscapes, plants have an incredible way of nourishing our bodies and minds and making us feel more grounded.
Growing a veggie garden from seed or starts, or picking blueberries may be a wonderful way to enjoy time with family, relieve stress and enjoy fresh and delicious food. Having something to nurture can help take your mind off larger events happening around us—plus, it’s a way you can actually enjoy getting your hands a little dirty!
With the prospect of spending more time at home, caring for a houseplant can be emotionally rewarding—for the young and old alike. Plus, houseplants offer physical benefits too—especially the varieties that help to clean the air we breathe.
As long as it is safe to do so, we will be here to serve you while following the recommended health and safety guidelines, to help you in whatever way we’re able...
Click on the location page for your desired store for specific hours and details.
Offering Curbside Pick Up & Home Delivery
To Place An Order:
- Contact your local SummerWinds and we will happily take your order.
- In order to provide a touchless process, payment is accepted over the phone.
- You can then pick up your order, without having to leave your car; just give us a call upon your arrival.
- Alternatively, you can have your order delivered to your driveway for a fee.
What We’re Doing To Help Flatten The Curve
- 1. We continue to heed guidance from the CDC and local health authorities.
- 2. We have reduced our store hours to allow for increased cleaning and sanitizing of all stores and offices—to help prevent the spreading of all germs.
- 3. We’ve developed an internal COVID-19 task force, which meets frequently on this topic.
- 4. We will temporarily increase our credit card signatureless transaction amount to $100.00, and encourage customers to pay by credit card or contactless pay (such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.)—to further reduce customers’ touch points.
- 5. We have restricted all business-related air travel until further notice.
- 6. We’ve cancelled all store-based classes, workshops and community events as of 3/13, until further notice.
- 7. We’ve suspended our Garden Coach in-home consultations.
- 8. We are looking at how we can immediately expand our delivery services, and online and telephone orders for our customers.
- 9. We are in contact with several industry leaders to share best practices.
- 10. We have provided masks for all of our associates to wear.
- 11. We have installed sneeze guards at our cash registers.
- 12. We have created a store traffic flow pattern and signage to ensure safe social distancing practices are followed by both associates and customers.
- 13. We are sanitizing our carts for each customer.
- 14. We are limiting the number of customers allowed into our open store locations at any given time.
Additional Ways We Can Keep Each Other Safe
- 1. Must wear a face covering while shopping with us.
- 2. Please follow Posted Signs and our Team Member instructions.
- 3. We are asking both our associates and customers to practice the recommended 6 ft. of social distancing at all times. We are happy to answer your questions—from a safe distance of 6 ft.
- 4. If you are sick or have been recently exposed to someone who is sick, we ask that you please stay home.
- 5. Please clean your hands often.
- 6. Please cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- 7. Please limit your touch points and only handle merchandise you intend to take with you.
We are happy to serve you and appreciate your cooperation in creating a shopping environment that is as safe as possible for everyone.